Falls Overlook Cafe 2004
Sioux Falls, SD
Department of Parks & Recreation
Date of Completion
2,670 square feet
A jewel-like hydro electric plant built in 1908 is restored on the outside to become the centerpiece of Falls Park and transformed on the inside into an interpretive center and bistro.
A curved, wood faced structure housing restrooms, storage and kitchen is inserted into the open interior of the building. Effects on the interior character of the original space are minimized while creating a vivid new backstop for its new uses.
(1 of 6) photos